Would you like to build your own house? Buy Land and Build a Custom Home.
I want to buy land and build a house that I like. Have you ever thought about that? Buying a detached house is one option, but if you can build a house with the desired floor plan and specifications, why not get excited?
I want to build a custom-built house, but I don't know what to do when and what to do. Today, we will clear up such questions and explain the general process for moving in and the setup. If you are considering this, please use it as a guide.
Creating an Image of Living and Financial Planning (approximate period: about 1 to 3 months)
STEP1 "Create an Image of Living"
Let's start by envisioning the lifestyle of the family, "where and what kind of life do you want to live in?" The image of the building and "whether the base of life should be in the city center or the suburbs where a large land can be desired, giving priority to raising children". Let's create an image referring to the following method.
Think from the conditions that are assumed in advance
- Non-negotiable conditions (such as housing performance) and price
- Image of building (design house, imported house, etc.)
- Area you want to live in
Focus on surrounding environment and location conditions
- Time to the nearest station
- Commuting to school time
- Education facility time and reputation
- Level of medical welfare
- Sufficiency of commercial facilities such as supermarkets
- Market price in that area (comparison with a detached house, price of land, etc.)
- Convenience such as transportation
STEP2 "Let's make a Financial Plan"
And the important thing is financial planning. First of all, firmly grasp the current amount of savings, consider how much self-fund can be prepared, and how much money can be repaid each month without difficulty, and make a comprehensive budget such as "land cost + building cost". You can also check the land price in the area you want to live in advance to find out how much you will spend on the land and how much you will spend on the building.
It is important to note here that in addition to the construction cost for the building fee, incidental construction costs for electricity, gas, exterior construction, etc., survey costs, application fees to inspection institutions, moving fees to new houses, various expenses other than construction, such as new furniture costs. Approximately 70 to 80% of the total budget for the building fee is the actual construction cost.
In addition, such expenses are usually paid before delivery, so it is necessary to prepare money in advance. If you use a loan, be careful about that point.
Consideration of Land and Construction Company (approximate period: about 3 to 6 months)
STEP3 "Let's find a Concrete Land"
Once the image of the area or building you want to live in and the approximate budget have been decided, you will begin to search for a specific land. It is common to consult with a real estate company in the area where you want to live and let them know what you have in mind about your budget, size, and specific area, and ask them to find it. However, since there is no land with the same conditions, it is actually difficult to get around to a land that is close to ideal. Even if the condition of the land is a little bad, it is necessary to broaden the range of options such as "land with an old house" and search for a land that is close to your wishes. Here are some points and precautions that you should be aware of when actually looking for land.
Points and notes for land search
- Set a deadline and look for it (otherwise it may never be set)
- Prioritize desired conditions and make compromises according to priority except for conditions that cannot be negotiated
- Make sure the imaged house is built on the land
- As for "with an old house" where an old building is built, it may be necessary to dismantle the building separately or it may not be possible to reconstruct it, so please check in advance.
- Please note that land with "Construction Condition" basically requires a construction contract with a building company designated by the land seller within a certain period of time.
Tomorrow, we will explain about "STEP 4 How to find a Construction Company".
Arrows International Realty Corp.