2 Building Coverage Ratio (Building Standard Act: Article 53)
(1) The ratio of the horizontally projected area of a building to its land area (Building Area/Land Area) is called the building-to-land ratio, and its limit is set by city planning.
(2) If the land spans more than one area, the calculation is based on a weighted average according to the area ratio.
In the case of a 100㎡ site with the building coverage ratios: 6/10 for 30㎡ and 4/10 for 70㎡
(30 X 6/10 + 70 X 4/10) X 1/100 = 0.46 → 46%
(3) Buildings that fall under any of the following categories are eligible to receive an increase in the building-to-land ratio.
3 Floor Area Ratio (Building Standard Act: Article 52)
(1) The ratio of the total floor area of a building to its land area (total floor area divided by land area) is called the "floor-area ratio," and its limit is set by city planning and other regulations.
(2) If the width of the road facing the property is less than 12 meters, the floor-area ratio will be limited to the smaller of the value obtained by multiplying the road width (m) by 4/10 or 6/10 and the value in (1) above.
(3) If the site extends over more than one area, the calculation is based on a weighted average according to the area ratio. (The calculation is the same as in 2(2).
(4) If there is a wide road (specified road) with a width of 15m or more within a distance of 70m from the site, and the width of the road facing the property is 6m or more (less than 12m), the floor area ratio (calculated according to the width of the road facing the property) can be increased.
Real Estate agent in Kyoto, Buy and Sell, Leasing, Renovation and Construction, Management for Investment and Vacation Property, Professional Services for International Customers. We deal in KyoMachiya houses, detached and attached Houses, new and old Condominium Apartments, Block of Apartments and Buildings for Commercial, Residential and Investments use, Manage and Support Operation and New Development of Guesthouse, Ryokan and Hotel, Total Supports for Land and Buildings Real Estate in Kyoto.
Yours sincerely, Founder Ken Hayashi
Real Estate Broker Company License No. Kyoto-Fu Governor ( 1 ) 14044 , Member of Kyoto Association of Residential Land Building Business